A successful renovation project start with a well-considered purchase of a property. Even before you buy a house or building, our architects will be happy to come and see the property togther, and advise you thoroughly.
WHY PURCHASE GUIDANCE?
By purchasing the right property, you save yourself a lot of money and headaches while doing a renovation. Therefore, it is absolutely a good idea to let an architect help and advise you. At H-Architects, we visit the building you would consider buying, and we check whether it is in a good condition that suits your renovation or remodeling plans.
Of course you can also use our purchase guidance service if you do not want to remodel, but want to be well-informed about the condition of the house before you decide wether to buy it or not.
WE evaluate THE GENERAL CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY
Some examples of things we pay attention to:
- Are there any moisture problems?
- Are there any stability issues?
- Which walls can easily be removed, and which cannot?
- Can extra rooms be created, for example in the attic or in an extension?
- Which interventions - such as renewing electricity or pipes - are definitely necessary?
In short, we look at the general condition of the house, and see if it is the right place to make your ideas become reality. We are also happy to make a rough estimate of the cost of the construction works.
WE DO the RESEACH SO YOU ARE WELL INFORMED BEFORE you buy
Of course we do all the necessary research, for example:
- Is the building not alien to the zone?
- Are there no building-code violations? And if so, which things must be changed?
- Is it possible to demolish and rebuild at this location at the reduced VAT rate of 6% or do you have to pay 21% VAT in that case?
- Which guidelines of the municipality must certainly be followed during renovation?
INDEPENDENT ADVICE BY AN ARCHITECT ON THE PURCHASE OF YOUR PROPERTY
As architects, we have a look at any renovation project from an independent perspecitive. Together with you, we think about the possibilities so you get the best out of your budget. For example, it can sometimes be better to spend a little more on the purchase of a suitable building, where a renovation can be done easily and cheaper. On the other hand: it makes no sense to invest a lot of money in a well-maintained home if you are planning a complete renovation where only the outer walls remain.
As architects, we have a good view of all possibilities and - unlike other construction partners such as a contractor - of the laws and regulations that you have to take into account. In addition, we call upon our network of energy experts or engineers if required. We give you guidance and concrete advice, based on a thorough analysis. With our help, you make the best purchase decisions.
Contact us for more information or an appointment.